Running in the winter for weight loss important rules
Usually decided not to leave running in the winter to lose weight very resistant. They regularly go out on track, work hard, and what is disappointing if injury or poor health violate slim training plan. Actually, there are simple rules that will allow to avoid problems, improve fitness and burn even more calories than in the summer.
The benefits of running for weight loss in winter
The cold air makes our bodies to spend some more energy on heating. It’s just great, because it helps to increase the consumption of calories by 15 percent for each session. Just think – the extra bonus calories faster weight loss and vitality.
In addition, running in winter, you will not sweat, to many people it helps to overcome workouts better. 3-4 workouts per week will provide you with protection from:
• the unpleasant consequences of inactivity like the deterioration of blood circulation, slow metabolism, and the impairment of intestinal peristalsis;
• stress. accompanying the winter months;
• overeating. Proven ability of running to reduce appetite and to regulate the resistance of cells to insulin. Ultimately, running works not only as a simple “calorie burner”, but also as a way to avoid the painful affection for sweet and fatty food caused by disturbed insulin metabolism
How to make running in the winter for weight loss safe?
The athlete who trains for health, must not conduct the cold air more than 1, 5 hours. No underwear and clothes will not save you from hypothermia if outside more than minus 17 degrees. Try to move the workout inside if struck frosts. Running in the bitter cold is not safe for the lungs and bronchi, and can cause a lack of oxygen, if the athlete is moving at high speed.
Tip: especially for those days please dance program on DVD, or just run around up and down the stairs in the entrance. You can purchase a treadmill, a home, good, inexpensive models cost about 30 000 rubles, and allow you to train more intensely and effectively. And you can purchase a subscription to a fitness club, track seasonal discounts and sales coupons.
Clothes for running in winter should be easier than walking. It is best if this will be:
• a set of thermal underwear, suitable for your area (see temperature range of use on the packaging);
• middle layer – fleece jacket, titsy for running in the winter (specialized leggings);
• membrane jacket, down vest, when it comes to Jogging, hat, gloves
Especially carefully it is necessary to approach to the choice of shoes. Here it makes sense to pay attention to brands for professional runners and not on deals the nearest sporting goods store. You don’t have to slide because you should buy:
• sneakers with tread for winter running on Packed snow;
• a pair of studded shoes for ice. Novice athletes will use a special lining on the shoes that are sold in the departments for winter sports, they have the effect of spikes, but cost less than the second pair of shoes. Sneakers with spikes is to take those who runs 1 km in less than 6 minutes and constantly supports high speed
Running in the winter and darkness
Usually runs occur in the dark, in the morning or evening when it is dark. Take care of yourself. The best option is training in a lighted Park with good clearing paths, or on the waterfront.
You can run and on sidewalks in the city, but you should be care, there are usually more slippery.
Be sure to purchase a headlamp or handheld flashlight to avoid falls due to poor visibility, never there on the phone, especially if it performs functions of the tracker. Phones quickly enough sit in the cold.
Running technique in the winter
For those who are used to run the “roll” from heel to toe, and gently push off with your toes from the earth, will have to change the technique. Winter running on slippery or uneven surfaces requires sustainability:
• place the foot so that the foot never “brought” too far forward, and there stood half a meter from the rear of the housing;
• avoid overload in the knees;
• put the foot on the foot as a whole, do not wash your knees up and try to do small, springy steps, not strong aftershocks, as when running on the ground or in the sand
Tip: be Sure to use a coaching effect snow. Select a place with a dense snow cover height of 10-15 cm, and jog for short periods at a high enough rate. The snow serves as a natural “resistance” and can increase foot strength, and power ratings push.
How to eat, running in the winter?
Perhaps the only important point – your diet should not be low-carb. An exception may be cyclical diet with periodic “carbohydrate loading”. Carbohydrate restriction can have a detrimental effect on the performance of the body in cold weather, and to contribute to hypothermia.
To avoid health problems will help the diet full of simple coarse food, with good thermal effect of low-fat protein products, coarse cereals, vegetables rich in fiber, and healthy fats. Should not be too hard to underestimate the caloric content. A small deficit like 10-15% would be sufficient to ensure a stable weight loss.
Alternate the running of the practice of any developing muscle exercises, or strength training in the gym, in order to further strengthen the joints, to make supple muscles, and improve posture.